Tuesday 8 February 2011

I wrote to my MP about helping corporations dodge tax ...

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Dear Zac Goldsmith,

I note with, frankly, horror, a story on the Guardian today about tax
breaks the Government is planning to issue to medium and large
businesses. (At
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/07/tax-city-heist-of-century)

It seems to me that if, as the Prime Minister recently claimed, he
wants to rebuild Britain based on entrepreneur-ship, this isn't the way
to do it.

The nature of the measure will cleaRLY do nothing to support small
business, since they won't be able to access the benefits, and it
leaves us otherwise racing to the bottom of the corporate tax league
for no obvious reason.

Or perhaps everyone's misunderstanding the proposed measure. I'd
appreciate it if you would find out the details of the measure, its
intended consequences, and how it fits with broader Government policy.

Sincerely,

Tim Lennon.

No comments: